For Skin Cancer Awareness Month the RDC team challenged me to develop an easy to make, low carb and delicious smoothie packed full of all of Dr. J’s favorite skin cancer-preventing nutrients, including Beta Carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Turmeric.
With this in mind I created I’ve created this Carrot Cake Superfood Smoothie which is low carb, high fiber and packed full of skin smoothing and plumping collagen and great fats. And who doesn’t want cake for breakfast? 😉
Jenny’s Carrot Cake Superfood Smoothie
- 20g vanilla collagen powder
- ½ cup grated carrot (packs a beta carotene punch)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon walnut butter (contains both forms of Vitamin E)
- 1/2 zucchini (a great no fructose source of Vitamin C)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1.5 cups walnut milk (for even more Vitamin E)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.