Thank you to all who were able to attend in spite of the weather. For any of you who missed the event, we’ve compiled a few of Jenny’s wellness tips from the presentation. And, as a thank you from Jenny herself, she’s also included her favorite Valentine’s Day Libido Boosting Superfood Smoothie (for a little love boost). Keep scrolling for the recipe below!
At-home wellness tips!
- Focus on food quality, not quantity – count nutrients, not calories
- Prioritize gut health to reduce bloating, inflammation and balance hormones
- Eat 7- 9 servings of vegetables a day
- Take targeted and bioavailable supplements determined by your blood tests
- Balance blood sugar, hunger hormones and burn stored fat by eating a combination of quality protein, great fats and fiber-rich vegetables at every meal
For Fitness & Movement
- Aim for 10,000 steps a day
- Strength Train 3-4 times a week to boost metabolism
- Choose HIIT over Steady State Cardio to burn fat
- Schedule your workouts as if they were meetings
- Do what you love!
For Stress Management
- Manage your stress throughout the day, not just before bed
- Reframe some stress as beneficial
- Imbalanced blood sugar can cause cortisol fluctuations
- Build a ‘de-stress’ toolbox – lavender oil, deep breathing, even dark chocolate!
- Prioritize mental health and wellness
For Quality Sleep
- Achieving quality sleep starts from the moment you wake up, not just before you go to bed
- Aim for 6-8 hours a night, every night
- Consistency is key – go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends
- Cardio is best performed in the morning, strength training in the afternoons
- Limit blue light from screens in the 2 hours before you go to bed
Libido Boosting Superfood Smoothie by Jennifer Hanway
While a romantic breakfast in bed for two with all your favorite healthy treats is THE dream this Valentine’s Day morning, the reality is that in the midst of a busy week we need a breakfast we can just grab and go! My go-to breakfast on most days is a protein, fat and fiber-based superfood smoothie, so I’ve created this delicious vanilla and strawberry combo with love in mind to share with you – all of the ingredients are chosen for their hormone-balancing, vibrancy-raising and libido=boosting properties.
Collagen Peptides: supplementing a diet with collagen can heal, tighten and firm the cellular matrix throughout the body, including the vaginal wall, resulting in a more pleasurable sexual experience
Rose Beauty Water: used for centuries in beauty rituals, rose water is anti-inflammatory and calming to the central nervous system and can give skin a beautiful glow inside and out
Maca Powder: the adaptogen maca has been used for centuries to boost energy and libido due to its high iodine and zinc levels. This “wonder root” has even been clinically proven to improve women’s sexual experience and satisfaction
Ashwagandha Powder: cited in the Kama Sutra as a ‘potent igniter of passion and desire’, ashwagandha is a mineral-rich adaptogen that has anecdotal evidence of increasing blood flow to the sexual organs for both men and women
Brazil Nut Butter: brazil nuts are a great source of fatty acids, which are essential for healthy skin, hair and nails. They are also one of the best sources of selenium, a mineral that aids in thyroid and sex hormone balance
Organic Strawberries: a Valentine’s Day staple, strawberries are rich in Vitamin C which is essential for healthy circulation and proven to boost female libido
Hemp Milk: rich in the essential minerals magnesium and zinc, and high in fatty acids, the nutritional profile of hemp seeds is thought to improve sex hormone balance in both women and men
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 1 teaspoon Sakara Life Rose Beauty Water
- 1/2 teaspoon New Chapter Fermented Maca Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sun Potion Ashwagandha Powder
- 1 tablespoon Destiny Raw Brazil nut butter
- 1/2 cup organic strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1.5 cups hemp seed milk
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with coconut flakes, cacao nibs and rose petals! Enjoy!